Elberfeld State Bank
The Elberfeld State Bank was founded in 1905. The bank is privately owned by its shareholders. The original bank building was built at corners of First and Main Street in Elberfeld, Indiana. The bank was enlarged in 1913; reorganized in 1925; enlarged again in 1949. The present building in Elberfeld was built in 1978. John S. Smith was the bank’s first president, with C. H. Ayers as cashier. In 1997 The Elberfeld State bank opened its first branch in Haubstadt, Indiana. The bank still continues to grow today and has recently opened its second branch in 2013 located in Evansville, Indiana.